The children of the Anglo-Italian School are the leaders of tomorrow. We believe, as did Dr. Maria
Montessori, that “the child moves him or herself toward learning when given the necessary
support." To properly channel this movement, the child must have independence achieved
through order and discipline. The child will then be able to function as a responsible, productive
citizen in a complex, technical, and democratic society.
The school environment emphasizes high morale character, intercultural harmony and superior academic achievement,
working with both parents and the community. Our aim is to provide the educational foundations for good citizens who cultivate
a lifelong desire and appreciation for learning.
In order to accomplish this it is necessary to:
- Promote high standards of achievement and performance.
- Maintain a developmental student-centered approach to teaching.
- Develop a comprehensive and varied curriculum aimed at understanding.
- Construct a caring approach to learning and understanding through the development of critical and creative
- Cultivate the development of independent learning skills and reflection in the learning process.
- Sustain a constructive feedback system for learning.
- Nurture a strong sense of self-esteem, personal integrity, and a respectful, caring attitude toward others.
- Develop an understanding of, and an appreciation for, the philosophies of people from many different cultures.
|It is the Anglo-Italian School’s belief that all students can develop the necessary skills to become independent, productive citizens.
|"Our environment is joyful learning and joyful living"
|M - F 08:00-12:30
|NATO JFC HQ, Building H, 80125 Bagnoli, Naples, Italy Telephone: (39) 081-721-2266 or (39) 081-570-6587,
Fax: (39) 081-610-2896, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Accredited and Guaranteed by The National Montessori Organization. Member of The American Montessori Society, Member of European Council of
International Schools, Member and Candidate for Accreditation by C.I.S. Authorized by the Italian Minister of Education (decree 3105/41-2)
|Any comments about the website? Please contact the Web Master © 2006
|SERVING THE NATO COMMUNITY SINCE 1958
|AN INTERNATIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITY IN NAPLES, ITALY